The team has built a strong reputation for developing fresh, innovative solutions for the oil & gas and renewables industries.
With over 200 years combined experience, and a very broad range of skills, the Rotech team can design for extreme environments and challenging applications. Rotech can be commissioned to develop a technical solution to any industry challenge.
Rotech has a broad range of engineering skills, including:
- Turbo Machinery
- Fluid Dynamics
- Mechanical Engineering
- Structural Engineering
- Subsea Engineering
- Control Engineering
- Software Development
Downhole Tools //
Rotech Engineering is continually working to create innovative solutions for the oil, gas and geothermal industries.
Problem solving is our business and we embrace new challenges.
Rotech Engineering developed the MacDrill all-metal hydraulic motor, which is unique in its field for tolerance of gaseous drive fluids, solvents and acids, and temperatures in excess of 500 degrees Fahrenheit. The MacDrill is also half the length of conventional motors.
Rotech worked with Weatherford to provide them with a world-wide exclusive license for the Macdrill.
The Macdrill can be used for:
- Thru-tubing well intervention
- Operations involving running on dry nitrogen, natural gas with high distillate content, gas-oil, naptha, brine, freshwater, or inhibited acidizing solutions
- Underbalance & High Temperature Milling
For more information on the Macdrill, visit Weatherford’s website at www.weatherford.com
The Rotech TurboMac is a revolutionary, all metal drilling turbine currently being developed by the in-house engineering team.
It is a fraction of the length of conventional drilling turbines, and has a rotor which turns smoothly on its axis unlike PDM’s where the orbiting motion of the rotor induces vibration. The TurboMac’s all metal construction enables it to run on a variety of driving fluids.
Advantages of the TurboMac:
- High temperature operation. The all metal stator enables TurboMac to run at 260 degrees C (500 degrees F).
- Vibration free. The rotor of the Turbomac turns smoothly on its axis unlike PDM’s where the orbiting motion of the rotor induces vibration. The smooth operation of the TurboMac gives:
- enhanced life of downhole electronics
- improved well bore stability and finish
- optimum transfer of power to drill-bit
- maximum drill-bit life
- A fraction of the length of conventional turbines
- 75% of the length of conventional Moineau style PDM’s
- Easy handling and transportation
- Suitable for coiled tubing applications
Multiple Fluid Capability: The TurboMac’s all metal construction enables it to run on a variety of drilling fluids:
- weighted drilling fluids
- dry gas
- diesel, water, brine
No special configuration is required, so drive fluids may be changed or mixed during one trip.
No decompression problems running on gas.
The turbine power section is also currently undergoing trials as the drive for an innovative drilling pressure management tool.
To find out more about this revolutionary tool, please contact the team at Rotech click here to go to our contacts page.
Contact Rotech Engineering //
To contact Rotech Engineering, please use the form below.
01224 698 698